Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 33: All Digital

Sea castle & Hayao Miyzaki

Today was apparently to be all about Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki. I was looking for some inspirational images and bumped into one from Porco Rosso and used that for the reference as I thought colors were great. 

Here's an initial sketch with 2 steps, outlines and initial color draft. Spent around 1,5 hours, drawing outlines and getting the feel of colors in Photoshop.



Then, after working a while on the scenery and being quite satisfied with the result so far but felt that having a break and coming back to it with fresh eyes later would do some good. So. Had a break and felt that I could continue with the "theme" of Studio Ghibli and got an idea of drawing Mr. Hayao Miyazaki himself. I'm a huge fan of his art and have been since childhood when I first saw Totoro and later on most if not all of his works, so it's a pleasure to draw this amazing person.

Anyways, here it is. 1,5 hours in Photoshop.


And what comes to the "sea castle", I think it needs "something", so I'll let it rest and come back to it later at some point.




No comments:

Post a Comment