Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 30 of the project!


Hands & Poses

Hello! It's 30th day of my project. By now the feeling is, I'm kind of getting the hang of drawing faces after drawing them for around 30 days, so it's time to step out of the comfort zone, which is THE REST OF THE BODY. I'm not fluent with drawing the body, let a lone hands. My male or female models usually come up a bit too stiff even standing, so you can imagine that drawing them doing something i.e. in different poses is even more painful, which is because I don't know what I'm doing.  So, for today the plan was to focus on the following:

1. Getting familiar with drawing hands
2. Working on drawing women (this time) in different poses. 

In a hand-drawing-exercise, I did some brief groundwork by reading on the subject in Andrew Loomis book about drawing hands "Drawing the head & hands", and checked out one tutorial on youtube. Drawing hands exercise was quite brief, around 1,5 hours. 

After this switched to posture drawing. Did some browsing in the internet and stumbled upon into this beautiful girl facing sunlight and worked on the quick sketch in around an hour.  Had a break and continued on with drawing some random poses for around an hour.







No comments:

Post a Comment